Before you browse the news from the photography entire world, let me start with an important information. In temperate regions around the world, the breeding season for many species is at its maximum. If you find a seemingly small, vulnerable and abandoned girl in the wild, tame your emotions and under no circumstances “save” such a chick. In 99. 9% of cases it does not need your help. This was the case with three blackbird chicks I came across in the forest undergrowth a few days ago.
Now let’s go through this particular week’s biggest news regarding photographers.
The Rumor Work
Along with Leica to the skies
DJI, a maker of high-end drones and cameras, has joined the L-Mount Alliance. Up to now, this includes Leica, Leitz Cine, Panasonic and Sigma. The particular philosophy of the alliance is to link their products with 1 standard mount – the particular L-Mount. For now, DJI features the new Zenmuse X9 L-mount interchangeable lens mount plate that will allow DJI Ronin 4D-8K users to mount Leica, Leitz Cine, Panasonic plus Sigma L-mount lenses. Consequently , we can expect to see Leica lenses hovering above our heads on some of DJI’s drones in the future.
Via Leica Rumors
The traditional producer of medium format cameras is probably about to introduce a new camera this summer. In addition to a 100MP sensor, it is expected to provide an adjustable screen, improved Live View, top LCD display, better AF and IBIS stabilization. A trio of new lenses is also supposed to see the light of day using the new camera. The expected price is around $8, 000/€8, 000.
Via: Photo Gossips
Picture Contest Corner
- Topic: Wildlife and Character in 14 categories
- Fees: £ 27. 00 (up to 6 images per entry)
- Prize: $1000 for your overall winner
- Deadline: June 30
- Subject: Architecture
- Fees: Free
- Reward: $100 for the winner
- Deadline day: June 22
- Topic: Self-Portrait
- Fees: $35 per entry (up in order to 5 photos)
- Prize: Product sales Exhibition
- Deadline: June 25
Discounted prices and New Sales
Are you tempted in order to venture into the hidden planet of tiny creatures, or even do you like to photograph good details? If you’re a Nikon Z user, you’re improbable to find a better macro lens than the NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2. 8 VR S Macro. This lens can now be purchased at B& H with regard to $100. 00 off (for $896. 95) .
There’s another low cost event in sight, this time on Amazon. Amazon Prime Day 2022 will take place from July 12 to 13. That said, discounts on Amazon’s own products are expected as early as June 21.
Various other Pages of Interest
- The seventh annual Bird Photographer of the Year competition will be officially announced on September 8. But let’s have a look now at a small sample of what the jury selected from more than 20, 500 images submitted this year.
- An additional competition, the Siena Innovative Photo Awards 2022, already knows its winners. “The False Illusion, ” used by Portugese photographer André Bato, has won the title Photo of the Year. The particular winning photograph carries a solid environmental message, with a contrast between the unspoiled landscape plus industrial reality. See it together with the other winning images for the competition internet site .
- Last week, you skipped the chance to buy one of the very first 35mm Leica cameras – the prototype 0 no . 105. The somewhat put on and well-used camera had been auctioned for the record €14. 4 mil .