Happy Mother’s Day Sunday to our Photography Life readers! Beginning this week, instead of a roundup associated with just the sales and offers in the photography world, I can share the biggest photography news with you as well. Interesting details are happening this week with Capture One, Nikon, Canon, and more.
The Rumor Mill
Canon EOS 7D Mark II’s mirrorless heir has a name: the Canon R7. It is said to feature a 32. 5MP aps-c sensor, 20 FRAMES PER SECOND shooting, 4K video from 60p, and other (thus far secret) features. And so, one more dream of wildlife and sports activities photographers will come true in what is rumored to be Q4 this year. Via Daily Camera News .
The Canon 20-40mm f/4 pancake zoom? It could happen. There are rumors of the full-frame zoom for Canon’s mirrorless system with an unusual focal length of 20-40mm (somewhat reminiscent of Canon’s 17-40mm f/4, except it’s said to be a smaller lens). Via Canon Camera News .
Leica may have leaked a new medium format camera (on objective? ). Exactly what seems to be a new Leica S medium format camera model is seen on a table along with other prototyped cameras in an standard Leica video. Via Leica Rumors .
Photo Contest Corner
- Topic: Black and white digital photography
- Fees: $25 single image / $30 series
- Reward: $2000 for single picture of the year, $3000 for number of the year
- Deadline: May 15
- Topic: Any style of photography, with the objective to “express your innovative concepts”
- Fees: None
- Reward: $10, 000 for photography category winner
- Deadline: Might 15
- Topic: Photography tasks based on “new visions” and “contemporaneity”
- Fees: None
- Prize: €5000 top prize, newsletter on LensCulture for runner-ups
- Deadline: May 16
- Topic: 10-image portfolio of the art; not restricted to picture taking; cohesive vision or creative project; modern art
- Fees: $40
- Prize: 2 scholarships of $3500, 4 grants or loans of $1000
- Deadline: May 17
Good Deals and New Sales
Nikon has started its sales for the month of May. Almost all Nikon mirrorless cameras and lens are on sale with substantial discounts. Our favorite f/2. 7 zooms are on sale regarding $200-300 off the usual price, and even the pancake 28mm and 40mm primes obtain a $50 discount to make them $250. Offers at B& H .
The particular successful Kickstarter project for an “advanced” pinhole lens can be ending soon. When the product officially releases, the prices will go up (and the cheapest version won’t end up being sold at all). The project closes on Thursday from 10 AM GMT, therefore now’s the time to order this if you were planning to achieve this. As always, know that all Kickstarter projects have a risk associated with not launching, or delivery late. Deeply in love with Kickstarter .
Other Pages of Interest
- The World Press Picture Exhibition 2022 , probably the most prestigious competitions of push photography, started its world tour a few weeks ago. The starting of the 65th edition has been traditionally held in Amsterdam’s De Nieuwe Kerk, where the exhibition will run till 14 August 2022. Look into the full appointments and find your nearest location to see a choice of the best in press photos for yourself.
- The newest edition from the Czech Nature Photo photography competition has its winners. The main prize goes to Vít Lukáš for his photo of tadpoles. His image shows in an unusual way an interesting and fleeting time in the life of the Typical Frog. Check out the pictures of other award-winning authors if you’re as interested as I feel in seeing great nature photography!