The famous war professional photographer Robert Capa once said, “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you aren’t close enough. ” I often discover myself trying to squeeze more of the subject into an image, just like today’s photos of two kingfishers. I have also squashed some important photography information into this quick post.
- Tokina SZ 33mm f/1. 2 : Beautiful bokeh and natural angle associated with view packed in a 605-gram, fully-manual lens for APS-C Fujifilm and Sony customers.
- LEICA DG SUMMILUX 9mm F1. 7 for the micro four thirds format is no longer a rumor! It’s becoming a fact at $499. 99
- The Ricoh WG-80 adventure camera will be your new durable companion for the purpose of moments of (dis)comfort
The Gossip Mill
New Sony to Nikon Z Adapter
After a year, Megadap is soon going to publicize its second version of the autofocus adapter for Sony lenses on Nikon Z . cameras. Compared to its predecessor ETZ11 , the ETZ21 will offer a brand new chip, updated software architecture and improvements in design and compatibility. Via Nikon Rumors
Brand new wide-angle lenses for Sony APS-C
After three long years waiting for a new lens, customers of Sony’s APS-C digital cameras (like the A6600 or even ZV-E10) are finally getting one – in fact , three. According to Sony Alpha Rumors, two fixed-focal length lens (11mm f/1. 8 and 15mm f/1. 4) and one compact zoom lens (10-20mm f/4. 0) should be announced shortly. This announcement opens up the question: Will we finally see some news in the form of a good APS-C camera soon? Via Sony Leader Rumors
Photo Contest Corner
- Topic: Family portrait
- Fees: £20. 00 per each photo (up in order to 6 photographs per artist)
- Prize: £15, 000 for that winner
- Deadline: May 31
- Topic: Landscape
- Fees: $30 entry fee for one image or $40 entrance fee for 2 images.
- Award: $2, 000 cash reward for the winner plus additional valuable prizes
- Deadline: May 31
- Topic: Aerial photography and video
- Fees: Free
- Reward: €500 worth of pictures equipment & “Pangea Prize” crystal statuette
- Deadline: June 15
Good Deals and New Sales
Memorial Day 2022 is coming up, with it comes a lot of exciting special discounts. It traditionally falls to the last Monday in May (May 30). For the next week or so, I recommend keeping an eye on the every day deals at major merchants such as B& H Photo , Adorama , Amazon and many others.
Among the best action cameras on the market, especially for video, is the GoPRO HERO 10 BLACK. Having a 23MP sensor, it can report videos up to 5312 by 2988 resolution (and within slow motion mode, as much as 240 FPS at 2704 x 1520 pixels). The particular camera records photos not just in JPG but also in RAW. It’s currently discounted $100 in B& H for $399. 99 .
A new update to Gigapixel AI is available. The current edition 6. 1 can increase the size of your files up to 600% and has a face recovery AI feature. It’s on sale until June 3 for a discounted price of $79. 99 ($20 off).
Other Pages of Interest
- Nikon is not only enjoying business success with its flagship Z9, but also picking up award right after award. After winning the TIPA Planet Award 2022 for Best Professional Camera, the particular Z9 was crowned “Best of the Best” in the “ Red Dot Award: Product Design 2022 . ” Another achievement of the Nikon Z9 is its victory in the iF DESIGN AWARD 2022 . And the latest in a string of awards so far is a double win within Camera DOCTOR 2022, where the Z9 won both “Camera of the Year” and “Readers Award. ” Via Nikon and Nikon Rumors
- The All About Photo Awards is a major picture taking contest which just announced this year’s winners. As with the recently announced Pulitzer Prize , it was photographs from Afghanistan that most appealed to the court. The overall winner is, not surprisingly, again Marcus Yam from United States. Second place went to Debdatta Chakraborty (India) for the purpose of his mystical photograph of street kebab preparation within Sri Nagar, India. 3rd place went to Konstantinos Tsakalidis (Greece) for his emotional photograph of a woman facing the destruction of her home during the massive fires in Greece.